Saturday 27 September 2014

Simple Skincare: Illuminating Radiance Cream

Yes, I know, I know, I haven't blogged in forever. Like, literally. But honestly I've just been so busy with moving into Uni, Freshers Fortnight, my course and just general random stuffs. But here I am again, in an attempt to redeem myself. Today's post is all about an exciting new discovery of mine in the skin care section of Boots - the Simple Kind to Skin+ Illuminating Radiance Cream. A mouthful to say but at the same time it's pretty darn justified. 




If I'm honest, as I have combination skin, illuminating creams have never really been of interest to me, however I completely adore Simple as a brand and everything I own from them works wonders for my sensitive skin! Thus, whilst I was browsing around, even though I wasn't looking for it, it caught my eye and had to be tested.




Firstly, the packaging. It's amazing. It looks like something by Clarins or Lancome and it comes with an insanely useful pump that stops you wasting product or looking 'too radiant'. The cream itself is very lightweight, smooth and silky, which is how I find their daily moisturiser to feel too. I normally apply this as a base for make up in the morning and I do find that it brightens and refreshes my complexion to a noticeable extent which is the outcome I was looking for - it even has SPF 15! 



However, the first time I tried it, I will admit to having regretted buying it. I massaged a pea size amount onto my face (you don't need a lot at all) and though I loved the look, on closer inspection I realised that my entire face was covered in fine, gold-ish shimmers. My immediate reaction was shock at my disco ball resemblance, but since then I think I've found the optimal way to use it. Instead of applying it before make up alone, I mix the tiniest, mini-pea sized amount of it, with my all time favourite Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser and then apply it on my face. That way I get all the moisturising qualities from a daily cream as well as a much subtler and finer version of the shimmer, just enough that it lifts my complexion, in a good way!





Although the photo above suggests that the product alone just gives a sheen, up close the particles are definitely detectable, which is just a bit OTT for me. Yet, if you maybe tend to wear fuller coverage foundation, the formula on this is excellent so you could probably use it as a base and have the shimmer peak through to a lesser extent. I may even try it as a natural highlighter for minimal make up days! 

Overall, if you're looking for an illuminating product I would recommend this. The price is unbeatable and an overly flashy face can be avoided by some simple (pardon the pun) mixing of creams for dilution as we're talking shimmer, not glitter!

What do you think of illuminating creams? Have you tried this one? Do they really work for you or is this healthy glow just my wishful thinking?

Lots of Love, Max x

P.S. Boots are having a 3 for 2 on Simple Skincare at the moment so get buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment